IKOslate is a composite roof tile manufactured from mineral reinforced 99% recycled and re-engineered materials. Its unique structure gives it superior strength and makes it easier to handle and install.
IKOslate has the same aesthetic qualities as slate because moulds of quarried slates are used to form the composite tiles. Each mould imparts different textures and patterns to the tile and its natural look is enhanced by a realistic “slate grey” finish.
IKOslate allows the experienced roofer, or contractor without extensive roofing experience, to deliver a sustainable roof with the look and feel of slate faster
and more economically than previously possible.
Proven protection against the elements.
Fire, wind, rain, pollution, even microbial growth, IKOslate has been extensively tested and independently proven capable of dealing with them all.
Features and benefits
• Fire rated to EXT.F.AA in accordance with BS476 Part 3: 2004.
• Resistant to fungicidal and microbial growth as well as airborne chemicals and pollutants.
• Passed 4,500 hours accelerated arc zenon test for colour-fastness and UV resistance.
Reduced breakage, scrap and disposal costs.
Because natural slate is easily broken during transport, storage and installation, it’s often necessary to over order to ensure you have enough to finish the job. This additional cost, and the cost of disposing of any broken slates, can be avoided by using IKOslate. IKOslate makes it easy to order just the right amount of roofing tiles, no more, no less. Each pack contains enough tiles to cover 1.5sq/m with a 180mm exposure, and, because it’s not brittle like slate, there’s no need to build a breakage factor into the amount you order.
• The IKO Ready Reckoner makes ordering the precise number of IKOslate packs you need even easier.
Safer manual handling around the site.
An IKOslate tile is around 80% lighter than a traditional slate of the same size which makes transporting them to, and around, site much easier, especially as they’re supplied in special carry-packs for efficient manual handling.
• Each IKOslate carry pack contains 1.5sq/m of tiles. Its clever design makes moving the lightweight tiles to the roofline safe and easy.
Faster installation using power tools.
Setting out an IKOslate roof is much simpler than a traditional slate roof as markers on each tile indicate where the exposure lap should be. When combined
with the tile’s nail hole markers and spacing nibs,
setting out has never been easier.
Unlike natural slate, IKOslate can be installed using power tools. Tiles can be nailed down using a hammer or nail gun and they can be cut with a hacksaw or jigsaw.
• Setting out and installing IKOslate is easier and faster than traditional slate.
• No specialist tools are needed to install an IKOslate roof.
• IKOslate is safe to cut on site and any offcuts are 100% recyclable.
Click on the You Tube link below to watch our videos:
IKOslate IKOslate Crown Ridge Tiles