Permascreed mastic asphalt screed is manufactured from selected bitumens, limestone filler and specially graded aggregates. It is designed to provide drainage falls as well as a stable base for the specified roof waterproofing system. Permascreed can be applied at a wide range of thicknesses (minimum 10mm) and falls, usually on in-situ and pre-cast concrete bases. It is suitable for insuated warm roofs, inverted roofs, green roofs and balcony/terrace applications.
A major advantage of this type of screeding is that the laid material can be accessed and the waterproofing installed as soon as the Permascreed has cooled to ambient temperature. Permascreed will accept, without damage, the type of traffic and concentrated loads associated with the installation of a flat roof waterproofing system.
- Rapid cooling
- Fast-track application - avoids extended curing time associated with wet screeds
- Ideal for both new build and refurbishment projects
- Can be trafficked or covered as soon as it has cooled to ambient temperature
- Provides temporary roof waterproofing
- Avoids the need for separate vapour control layer
- Can be laid to a wide range of falls and thicknesses (minimum thickness 10mm at low points)
- Does not require compaction
- Easily worked around roof protrusions