PermaTEC Ecowrap is a hot applied membrane which is manufactured from a specially formulated combination of refined bitumen, synthetic rubbers, fillers and other additives.
It is manufactured in the UK and was the first hot melt system to be manufactured with 'zero wrapper waste'.
The PermaTEC Ecowrap compound is melted in a special melter machine and is typically applied to a previously primed concrete deck in two coats. 7kg/m2 provides 2 x 3mm coats on to smooth surface.
Features and Benefits
- Hot applied system – no solvent content - multi-purpose use
- Can be applied from around 150 °C compared with 180 °C to 200 °C
- 6mm completed membrane thickness - tough and resistant to impact damage
- Self-sealing capability - excellent low temperature flexibility –25°C
- High bond strength to substrate - high tensile strength
- Seamless application on main area and detail work
- Rapid setting – resistant to rain, snow and frost immediately after application
Areas of Application
PermaTEC is suitable for use as the waterproofing layer on most flat roofing systems, when covered by suitable protection or when used in an inverted roof or green roof specification. PermaTEC is also suitable for use as a damp-proof membrane in solid concrete floors or as the waterproofing layer in a typical sandwich membrane used for above or below ground waterproofing in concrete, brick or blockwork structures.