IKO Permatrack road surfacing repair system is a technically advanced, polymer modified asphalt, comprising Permatrack PSB and Permatrack H. Stone chippings are applied to the Permatrack H during installation to match the adjacent highway surface and meet the highest skid resistance specifications.
Permatrack PSB is a flexible rubberised material which is incorporated within the Permatrack H Inlaid Crack Repair System to increase flexibility and improve adhesion to the existing surfacing.
Permatrack H is a high modulus material, specifically designed utilising a binder consisting of SBS modified bitumen and Trinidad Lake Asphalt. It possesses the required low temperature flexibility and high temperature rut resistance to perform on today’s heavily trafficked roads.
Features and Benefits
- Flexible and versatile waterproof repair system - ideal for transitional joints, expansion joint details and for the reinstatement of street iron works and shoulders.
- Rapidly installed, minimising disruption and inconvenience to road users
- Cost-effective installation
- High bond strength to a variety of materials
- Long term durability and high rut resistance even in heavily trafficked road conditions.
- Accomodates differential movement
- Able to take standing traffic soon after installation
- Ideal for the demanding requirements of today's buy roads and highways
- Awarded HAPAS Road and Bridges Agrement Certificate No 02/HO72
Permatrack is manufactured by IKO PLC, part of the International IKO Group. All Permatrack projects are fully supported by an unrivalled technical service and design team, available from consultation stage, throughout the contract and beyond.
Key Application Areas
- Inlaid Crack Repair System - rapidly installed repair for reflective cracking in tarmac or concrete paving.
- Heavy Duty Highway Bridge Expansion Joint - structurally enhanced movement joint that can be used to replace low movement asphaltic plug type systems.
- Structural Roadway, Edge and Haunching Reinstatement - flexible stabilisation material which is totally weather resistant and becomes an unseen, integral part of the road structure.
- Reinstatement of Highway Ironworks and Manholes - easily applied, cost effective solution which accommodates differential movement and offers high bond strength and long-term performance.
- Transitional Joint System - specifically developed system to resist the fatiguing and traffic damage to road finishes which are adjacent to metal tram and train rails.